February 12, 2018
INSIGHT DLP is pleased to announce the immediate release of IDACT (INSIGHT DLP Appliance Configuration Tool) version 2.1-15. This release provides a few feature enhancements along with some stability improvements for INSIGHT DLP Appliances running IDACT v2 ONLY.
- Prior to applying the IDACT update please restart your appliances. This will update the Appliance, Enforce, and all running Linux detection servers on the Appliance. Verify that all servers have internet access.
- If the Web UI does not start after the update, please reboot the Appliance host or log into appliance host via SSH
- as appuser user and run:
- as protect user and run:
sudo service appliance-web restart
- Symantec DLP 14.5 and later is not supported on IDACT v1.x Appliances and some early versions of IDACT v2.x (v2.0-x to 2.1-6). Please contact support if you are running IDACT v1 or have any concerns about the version you are running. To quickly check, log in to your Enforce or a Detection server (not the appliance itself) and run:
If the output indicates CentOS 5.x and IDACT 2.1-6 or earlier, then Symantec DLP 14.5 or better will not run.
- This IDACT Update will NOT upgrade your DLP release. This will update the underlying OS and IDACT software. Instructions for updating Symantec DLP on the INSIGHT Appliance are available in the Administration guide for your applicable version. The latest version of these documents are available within the support portal (INSIGHT 15.0 Upgrade Guide).
- Before attempting an upgrade of the Symantec DLP software application and/or the INSIGHT DLP Appliance IDACT firmware, infoLock Technologies and INSIGHT DLP strongly recommend that customers check the INSIGHT DLP Appliance Support Matrix to determine if the desired version is supported on their model appliance. Failure to abide by the supportability matrix may put a customer’s INSIGHT DLP Appliances into an unsupported configuration and could result in incompatibility-related issues or failures.
Upgrade IDACT version
Log in to each INSIGHT DLP Appliance via SSH and issue the following command:
This will update the system to the latest version available of IDACT.
If you require technical assistance with this issue, have any questions, or require further information, please contact the INSIGHT Support Team at email@example.com or via http://insightdlp.com/support
INSIGHT Support Team